Mac Quicken 2007 Questions

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am about to switch over to Mac. I've been using MS Money and have used Quicken in the past in the PC world. I've read several posts on the web about the dissatisfaction with Mac Quicken 2007 and I have a few questions:

1. Will Mac Quicken 2007 be compatible with Leopard?

2. Does anyone have an idea when Mac Quicken 2008 will be released?

3. If you are currently using the Mac product, does it download your banking transactions into your register and update them? My bank is Citibank and I have investment accounts with other institutions as well and it is so much easier when the program automatically posts interest and dividends.

4. If you are unhappy with the program, what are the problems that you are experiencing? I would hate to have a buy a fresh copy of Windows just to run my financial software.

Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    1. Yes.

2. Intuit will skip 2008 on the Mac platform. It will offer Quicken 2009 towards late summer/early fall of 2008.

3. Yes, Citi is one of the supported financial institutions. Check other institutions on this page.

4. I have been using Quicken for Mac on a weekly basis for several years now (starting with Quicken 2001 and now Quicken 2007). The user interface is pretty crummy and it is missing many features found on the Windows version.