Converting iTunes to WAV

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I tried searching but didn't find anything that gives instructions for converting iTunes songs to WAV files so I can burn a CD to play in my home CD player. When I right click (yes, I'm on a PC) the drop-down menue gives the option to "Convert selection to WAV", but when I select that option, a warning comes up saying the song "cannot be to converted because protected files..."

How can I convert/ burn my iTune songs to a CD for my home player?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aflaaak View Post

I tried searching but didn't find anything that gives instructions for converting iTunes songs to WAV files so I can burn a CD to play in my home CD player. When I right click (yes, I'm on a PC) the drop-down menue gives the option to "Convert selection to WAV", but when I select that option, a warning comes up saying the song "cannot be to converted because protected files..."

How can I convert/ burn my iTune songs to a CD for my home player?

iTunes can do it itself by default.

In iTunes 6,make a playlist of the songs, click the burn CD button in the top right corner.

In iTunes 7, which you probably have, Make a playlist of the songs you want to burn the go File> Burn Playlist to Disk.

Note that for bought songs there is a limit to how often you can do this. I think it's about 7, right?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

Itunes can do it itself by default.

In iTunes 6,make a playlist of the songs, click the burn CD button in the top right corner.

In iTunes 7, which you probably have, Make a playlist of the songs you want to burn the go File> Burn Playlist to Disk.

Thanks Jake,

I assume this will automatically convert the Apple DRM format to WAV before it burns the CD?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Thanks Jake,

I assume this will automatically convert the Apple DRM format to WAV before it burns the CD?

No, it converts is to the Audio CD format. But it will still play on all players. Regular programs do not butn it as a WAV, but they need a WAV to be able to convert it.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

iTunes can do it itself by default.

Note that for bought songs there is a limit to how often you can do this. I think it's about 7, right?

I tried that, but now I get a message in the progress box at the top saying "Disc recording not found..." Crap!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    brendanpbrendanp Posts: 2member
    Quote:

I tried that, but now I get a message in the progress box at the top saying "Disc recording not found..." Crap!

I have recently subscribed to itunes. I have only purchases 10 tracks. They will be my last unless I can solve the problem of burning to CD-R in wav format. Otherwise I cannot play the burnt CDs on my Bose wave radio CD. Please, someone out there help this old guy to solve this issue.\
  • Reply 6 of 8
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brendanP View Post

I have recently subscribed to itunes. I have only purchases 10 tracks. They will be my last unless I can solve the problem of burning to CD-R in wav format. Otherwise I cannot play the burnt CDs on my Bose wave radio CD. Please, someone out there help this old guy to solve this issue.\

I recently had a problem I couldn't figure out and wanted a quick, easy to understand answer. I called Apples tech support (1-800-275-2273) and was pleasantly surprised to find someone who helped me fix my problem in two minutes. It seemed to be no problem eventhough I was just out of my "90 days" of ownership.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jedc53jedc53 Posts: 4member
    The iTunes tracks are heavy into digital rights management. dMC cannot decode .m4p files.Convert your .WAV to an AAC in iTunes,then simply rename the .M4A to .M4R,double click on it,and it will automatically be placed as a ringtune in iTunes.
  • Reply 8 of 8

There are many free tools that can help change iTunes songs to WAV. You can find one in Google. I often use Bigasoft Total Video Converter to convert my files. If you prefer, you can find it in Google and try it. It works for me very well.