OS X and intellimouse

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anyone know when OS X support for MS intelimouse (optical and optical cordless) will be available ? I thought they woudl get the job done for the release of Office X... maybe I missed something.

as I understand it you can still use the mice, but only the scroll wheel works..... ?

Anyone like to suggest an OS X alternative that has optical, scroll wheel, perhpas cordless...second button... ?

Any thoughts welcome !

cheers

adam

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Two buttons should work and the scroll wheel. I don't see why they didn't make more buttons an option when they built the OS, seems like all it would take is a pref. panel to set what the buttons do.

I still want to be able to set one of the buttons as a modifier on my Logitech mouse. Set the thumb wheel to modify the other buttons so I could use it as if it were a six button mouse instead of four.

Right now I'm looking at replacing things to get OS X usable items. It's looking like our office won't be using UMAX, Logitech, or Que anymore. If they don't think supporting me is important I don't think ordering their equipment for any of our company machines is either.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Well hopefully the OS X version of USB Overdrive will be out.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Logitech make a killer two button scroll wheel optical mouse. I bought one about a month ago. It feels a tab more comfortable than the MS one too.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    I've used a MS Wheel Mouse Optical at home for the last year or so and just bought a Logitech Wheel Mouse (optical) for work. Personally I prefer the Logitech, mostly for ergonomic reasons.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    What about this mouse?

• Reply 6 of 6
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    I love my Logitech USB MouseMan+ Scroll, it has an extra long cord and works flawlessly in OS X. Well, the thumb-button doesn't work, but I actually never remember using it back in OS 9 with the MouseWorks or whatever software I had to use for it. I would like one of the Microsoft mice, but maybe I wouldn't if OS X support isn't coming.. heh