Just got my new iPod classic

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I received my first ever portable music player 10 minutes ago - a 160 gig Classic and am in the process of syncing it now.

Questions:

In the box there is a white piece of plastic that I assume is the dock adapter. What is the purpose of that? I cannot plug that into my laptop. The iPod fits perfectly into it, but it does not look like any dock I have seen.

Sorry to be so dumb, I guess being the last person ion the world to buy an iPod does have its disadvantages.

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    samnuvasamnuva Posts: 225member
    Hi-

First of all, Congrats on your purchase.

Secondly, the Plastic is an adapter for the Apple iPod universal dock. It needs adapters in order to hold the ipod.

Site:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nMore=MB125G/A
  • Reply 2 of 8
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samnuva View Post

Hi-

First of all, Congrats on your purchase.

Secondly, the Plastic is an adapter for the Apple iPod universal dock. It needs adapters in order to hold the ipod.

Site:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nMore=MB125G/A

Thanks! I guess I expected to have the actual dock itself .

Cheers
  • Reply 3 of 8
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I always wondered what that thing was.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Can't wait until I get my iPod Classic 160gb as well, my 5th gen is becoming almost to scratched to read the titles of the songs!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    The ear-pods that came with the iPod are quite uncomfortable. They do not stay in my ears, plus since they sit so far away from my inner ear, it sounds pretty tinny.

I have started to use my around-the-ear huge studio monitor cans and it is so much better. I can keep the volume lower and it sounds great too. Only thing is I look like a fool walking around with the huge cans around my head (not that I care much anyway hehe)

Cheers
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I hate the iPod earphones too, but I went the other way. I've been using the Sony in-ear buds for four years now and will never go back to anything but in-ears (yes I know there are better ones out there than the Sonys).

You begin to appreciate iPod earbuds after you've used 99 cent earbuds from Wal-Mart.