Leopard install problem on PPC

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I am on a G5 PPC and somehow when I try to install Leopard, they can't find the boot drive at all! I mean, it is no show! The worst thing is that I can't even erase it! The name "Macintosh HD" simply disappeared! How come? Does anybody know why? Or how to fix it? Thank you so much.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by liuszeting View Post

I am on a G5 PPC and somehow when I try to install Leopard, they can't find the boot drive at all! I mean, it is no show! The worst thing is that I can't even erase it! The name "Macintosh HD" simply disappeared! How come? Does anybody know why? Or how to fix it? Thank you so much.

I had the same problem on my core duo iMac too. I rebooted into tiger and repaired disk permissions using disk utility. Tried it a 2nd time and worked like a charm.... Good luck
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I have a dual core G5 PPC & installed X.5, though it took a really long time to complete it. However, on starting up again I only get a blue screen. I tried to get through to Apple for help but their wait time was loooonnngggg. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rosser View Post

I had the same problem on my core duo iMac too. I rebooted into tiger and repaired disk permissions using disk utility. Tried it a 2nd time and worked like a charm.... Good luck

Exactly the same thing here. I used the same solution and it worked fine then. (pBook G4, 1.5)