2 Questions: 1 about iPod Touch, 1 about iTunes.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Hope this is the right forum.

Hello. This is my first post

Firstly, how can you buy things from the US iTunes store if you have a UK registered iTunes account?

And secondly, I have just ordered the iPod Touch but what video types will work on it? I have some .avi's that I would like to put on it, but they wont load into iTunes. Does anyone know how I can convert these to file types that will work.

Many thanks in advance,

ct195

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ct195 View Post

Hope this is the right forum.

Hello. This is my first post

Firstly, how can you buy things from the US iTunes store if you have a UK registered iTunes account?

And secondly, I have just ordered the iPod Touch but what video types will work on it? I have some .avi's that I would like to put on it, but they wont load into iTunes. Does anyone know how I can convert these to file types that will work.

Many thanks in advance,

ct195

http://www.isquint.com/
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thank you very much!! That should be very useful.

Anyone have any ideas about the iTunes store problem?

EDIT: The program changed to .mp4, but I can't drag it into my library! When I do, the green 'plus' shows up, but when I let go, the video is not in the video section of my iTunes. How do I move it into the movie section of my iTunes successfully?

Thanks again in advance.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ct195 View Post

Thank you very much!! That should be very useful.

Anyone have any ideas about the iTunes store problem?

EDIT: The program changed to .mp4, but I can't drag it into my library! When I do, the green 'plus' shows up, but when I let go, the video is not in the video section of my iTunes. How do I move it into the movie section of my iTunes successfully?

Thanks again in advance.

Hmm. Someone may give you a better answer. For me, I select the Movies section in iTunes. Once there, select "Add to Library" from the File pulldown menu - navigate to where your newly converted mp4s are and select them. iTunes should add them. If that doesn't work, maybe someone else will have a better tip. HTH.