Resolution Independence in Leopard?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I don't see this listed as a feature of Leopard, and I'm away from home right now so I haven't installed it yet.

Does Leopard support resolution independence like it was originally advertised, or did this feature get dropped during development?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,125member
    It's not activated yet. Apple is telling developers to be ready in 2008 which likely means RI full implementation in an point release.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southerndoc View Post

I don't see this listed as a feature of Leopard, and I'm away from home right now so I haven't installed it yet.

Does Leopard support resolution independence like it was originally advertised, or did this feature get dropped during development?

i would say it supports RI more than Tiger, but its not ready for general release yet (i noticed table views not drawing correctly)

if you install developer tools, you can use Quartz Debug to play with RI (Tools > Show User Interface Resolution). It will resize the dock and any apps you open after that will be scaled to the size selected (from 1.0 to 3.0, didn't they used to allow lower and higher than that?)

Update: what's interesting about that iSync screenshot, is that's not the phone it displays when the User Resolution is set to 1.0... The menu bar doesn't quite work right (and RI also exposes that its not use real translucency for its transparency effect), the highlighted Apple menu isn't a vector image yet (but the unhighlighted black apple is. Looks like there is still lots of work to be done.