back to your mac running parallels

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I logged into back to my mac from my MBP to a newish Imac cd2 2.4 to test a virtual machines performance. Just wanted to post that the performance of parallels is great on the remote machine. I was running vector linux's latest beta in the vm. Here is a screenshot.

http://gallery.mac.com/eodchop#100081

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    That's great to know screen sharing is so fast. VNC was always unusable for me in OS X even on fast connections. Do you see any lag in the screen redraws and what speed of connection are you running?

For a minute, I was wondering what I was looking at, Linux inside Mac inside Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

That's great to know screen sharing is so fast. VNC was always unusable for me in OS X even on fast connections. Do you see any lag in the screen redraws and what speed of connection are you running?

For a minute, I was wondering what I was looking at, Linux inside Mac inside Mac.

There was a little redraw at first. I messed with the connection settings a little in back to my mac preferences to get it ironed out. Now there is hardly none at all. I think if i bump the VM's dedicated memory up to 1gb that will go away. Maybe not. I was using a 5mb dsl connection. Without the virtual machine running you could honestly play a older shooter with a slow frame rate like doom or quake. I may try it today.