[Leopard] editing a smart folder

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi!

I can add a smart folder and automaticly put in the navigation column in the Finder, but how do I edit it later on? I can't find it :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    You can't right-click it in the list? Leopard hasn't arrived on my doorstep yet, so I can't test it out.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I noticed that too. Even if you go to the saved searches folder there appears to be no way to edit it. This seems like an oversight.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Yeah, I tried the "All Movies" smart folder and some "questionable material" popped up. I'd like to be able to exclude certain folders.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Galley, I'm with you on that.

I'd definitely like to know if I can delete some of those folders some how.

I haven't gotten Leopard yet (it's coming tomorrow), but when I do I would like to know how to do these things.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Yeah, I tried the "All Movies" smart folder and some "questionable material" popped up. I'd like to be able to exclude certain folders.

"questionable" indeed.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dacloo View Post

Hi!

I can add a smart folder and automaticly put in the navigation column in the Finder, but how do I edit it later on? I can't find it :-)

Thanks!

To edit the search parameters for a smart folder.

Open the folder, then in the Finders toolbar click on the gear icon drop down, if the open folder is a smart folder it will have an menu item 'Show Search Criteria' clicking on this will open a toolbar allowing you to modify the criteria and save.

Scott
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ScottLambert View Post

To edit the search parameters for a smart folder.

Open the folder, then in the Finders toolbar click on the gear icon drop down, if the open folder is a smart folder it will have an menu item 'Show Search Criteria' clicking on this will open a toolbar allowing you to modify the criteria and save.

Scott

Thanks! I wonder why they have hidden it like this?