Final Cut Studio 5.1 Crossgrade - Transferable?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I took advantage of that $99-or-so upgrade-to-binary promotion last year, where Apple let us send in our Final Cut Pro 4.whatever install discs to get Final Cut Studio 5.1 Universal Binary set. And... I just don't do any film editing anymore (and I'm happier for it).

So I've got this unopened set of Final Cut Studio 5.1 install discs that say "Crossgrade" in tiny letters...

...along with an "Installing Your Software" pamphlet with sticker serial numbers (unregistered) that say "Final Cut Studio 5.1 Retail" (and include a support ID number).

I'm inclined to think that "Retail" (vs "Upgrade") means it won't require an earlier serial number--and I'm pretty sure I registered my 4.x serial number so I wouldn't be able to transfer that anyway.

But is this something I can transfer and/or sell to someone else (as an upgrade or as a full version), or is this only of use to me? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    I'm not fully aware of the legalities of the issue but I would assume you can sell it as an upgrade. I'm pretty sure you cannot sell it as a retail because it does not have those capabilities.