OS X acting very oddly

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have my computer set to use the graphite theme in OS X, however, just recently some programs have started to defy the system setting to use graphite widgets. For instance, when I launch AthenaIRC, it has the stoplight colored close/open/minimize buttons and the Apple in the top left is blue instead of grey. This isn't much of a problem right now, but I'm afraid that it might be an omen of trouble to come, especially since a bunch of files on my computer seem to have just randomly disappeared (don't really know what to make of that....) and after that happened was when this stuff started to happen. Anyone have a clue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I've never used AthenaIRC; so, I cannot comment on that. However, you will find that some programs use their own hard-coded widgets instead of those in the System (ala Graphite). Even Apple is guilty of this crime. iTunes and iMovie use hard-coded "Blue" scrollbars and widgets.

What you say about the actual Apple menu staying Blue, however, is rather intriguing. It certainoly shouldn't do that. Have you noticed this odd behavior in other apps? What are they?