Leopard icon trubble

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi.

I just upgraded to Leopard from Tiger, everything works great exept for some of the icons that I have changed wit copying and pasting when you are in the "get info" window.

So how can i restore these icons to Leopard default?

Thx for your time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cube View Post

Hi.

I just upgraded to Leopard from Tiger, everything works great exept for some of the icons that I have changed wit copying and pasting when you are in the "get info" window.

So how can i restore these icons to Leopard default?

Thx for your time.

Check my post. I asked the same question. It will not display what it shows in the get info and it sucks for sure...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Click on the icon in the "Get Info" window and press the delete key.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cubecube Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama View Post

Click on the icon in the "Get Info" window and press the delete key.

Great!

Thanks allot. It's so simple but yet so hard to find by yourself.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I had the same problem and this worked for me for most of my icons... However, I can't seem to get my Users folder to reset. Anyone else having issues with that folder? My library folder reset, but it shows only a blue folder from the finder and if I use cover flow, then it shows the Library specific folder icon.

Also, some of my alias icons now are just that big transparent rectangle.

Any ideas?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cube View Post

Great!

Thanks allot. It's so simple but yet so hard to find by yourself.

I jsut tried to remove the icon and it did not work. I go into my main drive where Applications, Library, System and Users exist. The application folder is blue with an A on it. I take this folder and drag it to the dock but then on the dock it displays the icon of the first folder in applications. I tried to do what was suggested but it did not work. I went to the get info in the applications folder and tried to hit deleate on the icon but nothing happened.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dage007 View Post

I jsut tried to remove the icon and it did not work. I go into my main drive where Applications, Library, System and Users exist. The application folder is blue with an A on it. I take this folder and drag it to the dock but then on the dock it displays the icon of the first folder in applications. I tried to do what was suggested but it did not work. I went to the get info in the applications folder and tried to hit deleate on the icon but nothing happened.

This is working as designed. Folders in the dock will show a preview of what's in the folder, rather than the folder icon.

Yeah, I know it's stupid.