Leopard Migration Question?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
After the Leopard basic upgrade and archive and install options failed on my computer I did an erase and install. Now I am looking for the best way to migrate my data from my backup volume.

I am told I can use the migration assistant for this purpose, but I want to be selective in what I transfer over. I have already installed and updated my iLife '08 and Microsoft Office programs. Basically, all I need to transfer are some documents in my documents folder, iTunes data, iPhoto data, and addressbook data. Is there a way to customize my migration process just to migrate this data over to my new account.

If the migration assistant is not the way to go for this purpose, what other procedure should I use.

For background, my backup volume was created using carbon copy cloner and my new account has a different short name from my previous account.

I would like to save my data's metatags if possible. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    TG I didn't buy a Macintel, and better yet, I didn't install Leopard. Man, the problems caused for the early adopters...