Wireless Not Working Mac OS 10.5

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Ever since I installed Leopard my wireless connection is not working. It will identify the network but it won't connect. All of a sudden it's asking me for a WEP. I've never had a WEP on my wireless connection. All other laptops work, but not mine.

When I try to connect it says 'connection timed out'. So I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I've called Verizon and they went through everything and it's working fine on their end. I know that's it's a problem with OS X on my laptop, but the wierd thing is when I go to my fiances house I get an internet connection...(Go Figure)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Muchisgiven View Post

Ever since I installed Leopard my wireless connection is not working. It will identify the network but it won't connect. All of a sudden it's asking me for a WEP. I've never had a WEP on my wireless connection. All other laptops work, but not mine.

When I try to connect it says 'connection timed out'. So I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I've called Verizon and they went through everything and it's working fine on their end. I know that's it's a problem with OS X on my laptop, but the wierd thing is when I go to my fiances house I get an internet connection...(Go Figure)

You might want to try updating the firmware on your wireless router. I had the same problem with my Linksys router about 6 months ago where my Macbook could not connect, but my finacee's dell would connect without a problem!