Leopard, So I've got a G4/733

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
And the installer runs smoothly, menus seem snappier than anything from a Panther or Tiger install. All execept the snippy window that says Leopard does not support the current hardware.

Never-the-less, I'm still interested on seeing what it does on the G4.

I remember in the past there was a fun way to install Jaguar on a 604e, and was wondering if there was a similar way to remove a file from the installation that would stop the system check from opening and allowing you to proceed.

Spec: 733Mhz, 640 MB RAM, 2x 80GB drives, Leopard install booted from an iPod for speed, just because.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willywalloo View Post

And the installer runs smoothly, menus seem snappier than anything from a Panther or Tiger install. All execept the snippy window that says Leopard does not support the current hardware.

Never-the-less, I'm still interested on seeing what it does on the G4.

I remember in the past there was a fun way to install Jaguar on a 604e, and was wondering if there was a similar way to remove a file from the installation that would stop the system check from opening and allowing you to proceed.

Spec: 733Mhz, 640 MB RAM, 2x 80GB drives, Leopard install booted from an iPod for speed, just because.

I successfully got Mac OS X on my G4 Cube earlier today. I posted how I did it under the Current Hardware Forum. Here is the link Mac OS X 10.5 On G4 Cube!