PS3 Style Controller for iMac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm not a huge gamer (I had a PS2 briefly, but I ended up using it mostly as a DVD player, so use a Mac mini under my TV now instead), but now that I have a 20" iMac, I thought I might grab Colin McRae rally for a bit of fun every now and again.

Any recommendations for decent controllers? I quite like the idea of wireless, price permitting. I see that the PS3 controller has been made to work on OSX as wired, so I'm sure someone will figure out a wireless driver eventually. Since I like the PS2 controller, this is a good candidate at the moment. Does anyone have any experience, or other suggestions? Ta

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    I've used a PS2 controller with a Mac using a USB adaptor. It didn't work with all games as far as I recall but I didn't test that many with it. It came with Windows-only software but it actually worked on the Mac side without it.

You can try Logitech for controllers but I personally like the Playstation controllers too. On a desktop computer though I stick to keyboard and mouse.

The PS2 controller route would likely be the cheapest option but Logitech should have better compatibility.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    you can probably use a ps3 controller with your mac because it uses bluetooth. it just has to find it.