Leopard iCal & Spotlight problem

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but apologies if I've missed a thread.

Since upgrading, I am unable to search iCal properly. The built in iCal search can't locate some events by a key word that it could under Tiger. I've only spotted two instances so far. One is an all-day entry and one is a timed entry. Both are definitely there, and can be located by just navigating to them by day and date.

I then tried using the same words in Spotlight, and that doesn't find them either...

At first I thought something may have interrupted Spotlight when it was indexing the disk, so I forced it to index the disk again, but the problem persists...

It's possible there are other items in applications other than iCal that can't be found, but I haven't come across them yet...

Can anyone help?

Adam

(MacBook Pro 17", 2.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM and, of course 10.5!)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adamclark View Post

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but apologies if I've missed a thread.

Since upgrading, I am unable to search iCal properly. The built in iCal search can't locate some events by a key word that it could under Tiger. I've only spotted two instances so far. One is an all-day entry and one is a timed entry. Both are definitely there, and can be located by just navigating to them by day and date.

I then tried using the same words in Spotlight, and that doesn't find them either...

At first I thought something may have interrupted Spotlight when it was indexing the disk, so I forced it to index the disk again, but the problem persists...

It's possible there are other items in applications other than iCal that can't be found, but I haven't come across them yet...

Can anyone help?

Adam

(MacBook Pro 17", 2.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM and, of course 10.5!)

Yep. I know one. I can find numbers inside of excel files. Like invoice numbers, money amounts, etc. I just type in 7593, for example, and spotlight can find that number in Excel.

However, it can't find numbers inside "Numbers," which really annoys me.