Can I upgrade to Leopard without having to wipe system clean?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Here's all my current software

iWork 08

MS office 2004

xTorrent

Adobe CS3 premium suite

Visual Hub

Let me know if i can just go from current - to - upgrade rather than ground zero... Also, anyone seeing performance issues/gains on the CS3 suite?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by domerdel View Post

Here's all my current software

iWork 08

MS office 2004

xTorrent

Adobe CS3 premium suite

Visual Hub

Let me know if i can just go from current - to - upgrade rather than ground zero... Also, anyone seeing performance issues/gains on the CS3 suite?

Yes I did an upgrade today, it just updates the OS and the application on the Dock, other than that everything else is the same! Just out of curiousity, what hardware are you running?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Yes I did an upgrade today, it just updates the OS and the application on the Dock, other than that everything else is the same! Just out of curiousity, what hardware are you running?

Mac pro 2.66 ghz Xeon, 3 gb ram, 2 x 250 gb hard drives, raid 0 (so basically a 500 gig'er)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by domerdel View Post

Mac pro 2.66 ghz Xeon, 3 gb ram, 2 x 250 gb hard drives, raid 0 (so basically a 500 gig'er)

Yeah i don't see a reason why you can't. When you get to the screen where you select what hard drive you wish to install the new os on, there is a button on the bottom called either options or custom, I think options and you have a list of things you can do and one of them is Upgrade your current Mac OS to Mac OS X 10.5.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGrant View Post

Yeah i don't see a reason why you can't. When you get to the screen where you select what hard drive you wish to install the new os on, there is a button on the bottom called either options or custom, I think options and you have a list of things you can do and one of them is Upgrade your current Mac OS to Mac OS X 10.5.

You could also select Archive and Install, just make sure the "transfer settings, etc' is checked. Then it will put down a fresh system install, and import from the old system folder your applications, and every setting/document you can imagine.