Leopard and 5GHz AEBSn network: invalid password?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi

I have an Airport Extreme and setup a 802.11n 5GHz network with WPA2 network. After a clean install of Leopard last week, I had to enter my password, and all was good.

Today, I updated my AEBS to version 7.2.1 from 7.1.1. Suddenly my 5GHz network wasn't working anymore. After hours of testing, resetting, downgrading en upgrading the AEBS, I found the following:

The first two work perfectly, with or without a password. The 3rd and 4th work only without a password. As soon as I fill in a WPA2 Personal code, Leopard says invalid password and won't connect. \

So I can use a 5GHz network, as long as I don't put a password on it. Obviously I'd like to resolve this, but I have no idea how. It used to work, until after I upgraded the Airport Extreme. But even when I downgrade and fully reset it to 7.0, 7.1 or 7.1.1, it still refuses to work with a 5GHz network including WPA2 Personal security.

Because 5GHz without a pass works fine, and 5GHz with a pass worked fine until today, I have no clue anymore where to look.

Any ideas? I'd love to use 5GHz again because it really is faster, but I'm not comfortable with an open network... All help is appreciated!

Comments