Just got Leopard, few questions and comment...my computers been running really hot...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey, just got Leopard and I'm on my Macbook Pro, the first intel release. So 2.0 ghz. Anyways I thought it would run perfectly, but it seems to be heating up my computer quite a bit! the fan is constantly past the baseline 1000 rpms.

Overall it seems like they did make a few improvements, but the dock is definitely more distracting then before. Its so bright that it just gets in the way. I found those articles where you can mod the dock and change the color, which I'm thinking of doing, but I've always been a fan of keeping the system au naturale the way apple sets it.

Questions:

1. Why is it running so hot on my computer? I installed it over, should I do a clean install? (its such a hassle, and I dont have my ilife disk with me and wont be able to install those items)

2. Wheres the ability to grab a bunch of items/apps and create a stack? Stacks only do folders

3. I have tiger programs, but they seem to be running slower, like AppZapper or even quicksilver, is this normal? Do i pretty much just have to wait for updates that are meant for leopard? Like avi movies really use a lot of cpu power through divx now. Also Microsoft Office definitely doesnt work! and I need that for school