Time Machine on Macbook pros

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a Macbook pro and i really wanna use time machine, but I'm always taking my laptop places. It seems like it wouldn't work very well since I'm always moving my computer around unlike a desktop. Am i wrong? is it easier than i think it is?

Thanks,

Cato

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988 View Post

I have a Macbook pro and i really wanna use time machine, but I'm always taking my laptop places. It seems like it wouldn't work very well since I'm always moving my computer around unlike a desktop. Am i wrong? is it easier than i think it is?

Thanks,

Cato

I don't see why it wouldn't work. All you need is an external HD.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

I don't see why it wouldn't work. All you need is an external HD.

does it just see where it was last backed up when it was plugged in and automatically update the backup by that little bit or does it reback up everything multiple times?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988 View Post

does it just see where it was last backed up when it was plugged in and automatically update the backup by that little bit or does it reback up everything multiple times?

Backs up what's been changed. I have an MBP along with an Airport Extreme, and when I come back in the door from wherever, I usually plug it in to charge and Time Machine starts backing up wirelessly what's been changed while I was out to the hard drive on the AE. Works like a charm.