msn and others on ichat?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey all. Ive been looking around the net on how to do this but with some trusted sources... just want to know if anyone can link me or let me know how its done. Thanks

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anthem View Post


    Hey all. Ive been looking around the net on how to do this but with some trusted sources... just want to know if anyone can link me or let me know how its done. Thanks



    just use adium. Adium will be better than iChat in a little while.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    why will it be better?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post


    just use adium. Adium will be better than iChat in a little while.



    That's debatable. Adium will be more compatible, but not better. And "when" iChat 4.0 gets released for Windows thing may look a little different.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    That's debatable. Adium will be more compatible, but not better. And "when" iChat 4.0 gets released for Windows thing may look a little different.



    i don't feel like blowing money on .mac to use ichat. adium will soon have cam and voice and is a very customizable instant messaging client which allows you to talk to any instant messaging service.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    That's debatable. Adium will be more compatible, but not better. And "when" iChat 4.0 gets released for Windows thing may look a little different.





    any word on when this may come out?



    I heard that u can use jabber for now to get msn to work but I dont want to have to go through the trouble of setting it up. I may just go with that universal im service till this ichat 4.0 comes out
  • Reply 6 of 6
    i apologize for saying what i said, you can use jabber and aim and google talk. But you can use msn, yahoo, google talk, ichat and all of those on adium.
Sign In or Register to comment.