Connecting ipod to stereo and car

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Sorry placed this thread in the wrong place, here it is in the proper section.

I am looking for a product that i can use both to play my ipod in my car and in my stereo. I would like to be able to set it up fairly quickly. Or it might be better to by two seperate products. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    An FM transmitter would work for both, though subject to interference.

For the car, a "cassette" adapter will work (might work at home too), though quality can be questionable with these.

At home, you can get a cord that will plug from the iPod dock connector to component input plugs on the stereo/amp. (or from the headphone plug to the component plugs.)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bg_nycbg_nyc Posts: 189member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by browning92 View Post

I am looking for a product that i can use both to play my ipod in my car and in my stereo. I would like to be able to set it up fairly quickly. Or it might be better to by two seperate products. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

For my car, I've been using a product called 'icelink' since 2003. I don't think its called that anymore, but theres some info on this site. Its been perfect for me. I don't know which generation ipods it supports.

You wrote "I am looking for a product that i can use both to play my ipod in my car and in my stereo." Do you mean your home stereo? Well... there are a ton of interfaces available anywhere on the planet, including minijack to RCA.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    seek3rseek3r Posts: 179member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by browning92 View Post

Depending on your car and stereo, there may be an adapter you can buy to convert the cd-changer port in the back of your radio to an ipod and/or aux input. For example, I just got the CHRY02-AUX aux adapter for my 2005 Stratus with a stock radio (the Chrysler RBK radio). If your car doesn't have an adapter that will work though, then you're SOL on that front, you can either replace the radio headunit or go with the casette/fm xmitter idea.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I think I am going to go for an FM transmitter, what brand or models do you reccomend for this.