Visualhub burn speeds

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Okay so I love my MacBook Pro, and it appears from all I have read that Visualhub is the be all end all for converting and burning video files. My problem is this. The process has been running for around 10 hours now. Says "burning DVD....." at bottom of screen. I have also read elsewhere that people report burn times up to 30 or even 40 hours. Can this really be true. there must be something I am missing, because no process should take that long. Who can afford to tie up thier "Super drive" for that long.

Help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kittenmitts View Post

Okay so I love my MacBook Pro, and it appears from all I have read that Visualhub is the be all end all for converting and burning video files. My problem is this. The process has been running for around 10 hours now. Says "burning DVD....." at bottom of screen. I have also read elsewhere that people report burn times up to 30 or even 40 hours. Can this really be true. there must be something I am missing, because no process should take that long. Who can afford to tie up thier "Super drive" for that long.

Help

Sounds broken. What kind of video file were you converting?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Its an avi file
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Well Ill be man enough to admit that I have now tried it with a blank dvd inserted and it works like a charm \
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,435moderator
    Never burn discs with conversion software. Uncheck the 'burn when done' box, save to an iso and then burn with Disk Utility. Every conversion software I've used has trouble burning at some point. I don't even burn with DVD Studio Pro with pre-converted mpeg2 files as the authoring can screw up. Check the iso before burning too.

To burn the iso in Disk Utility, just open the program, click the burn icon, select the iso, then insert the disc when it asks.