BootCamp: Win airport connect issue & more

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello,

I am a long time reader, first time caller here to the forums. Anyways, I just got a new iMac with Leopard and I installed Windows XP.

I have two issues:

1.) When I am in Windows, I cannot seem to remember how to get my wireless network to connect. Of course I have the built in Airport, but when I boot into Windows I cant seem to get the computer to connect to the net through my wireless gateway. Any help?

2.) When I was in Windows I could not find out how to boot back into OSX. In the Leopard manual it says to use the "BOOTCAMP" control panel to choose what to boot back into. I did not see anything related to Bootcamp in the control panel while in Windows. I hade to reboot and hold "C" (something I read on another forum) to get it to allow me to boot it from the Leopard partition. Anyone experience something similar and how did you make it work as the manual says?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    No help?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Hey its not that these people are insensitive, but i think you might have posted the question in the wrong forum. But i'll help you out, so here goes.

try running system software update while in windows and you should get the updated drivers. I was also having this problem while bootcamp was in its beta form, but the update to 1.4 allowed me to burn a new disc of drivers for windows which fixed the problem for me. I also ran the software update on the windows side and everything worked fine.

As far as choosing what you're booting into try holding down the option key at start up and you should get the choice of which operating system you boot into. there should also be a bootcamp assistant that allows you to choose which system will start by default. you can change this to always default to leopard.

hope this helps.