iPod Always Re-Syncs the Same 43 Songs

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I got my 80 gb Classic soon after they came out, and it's worked great, except for one annoying thing: Everytime I hook it up to my Mac, the deletes, then re-adds, the same 43 songs every single time. On Sunday, to commemorate putting an Invisible Shield on my iPod, I decided to restore it to see if the annoyance (I don't want to call it a "problem") would go away. It didn't -- every time I hook it up, the same songs get deleted and then re-synced.

I would like to remove the offending songs from my library and see what happens then, but the display on iTunes never shows me all of them. Is there anyway to get a log of what changes iTunes makes to my iPod?

And beyond that question, has anyone seen this behavior before? What could be causing it? The restore makes me think it's something to do with the files, but I can't think of anything they have in common.

I'd like to get this fixed just because it makes syncing take a very long time. I might be plugging in the iPod just to update my calendars or podcasts, but I always have to wait for those files to get put on there.