150 GB Hard Drive Now Full

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have an iMac G5 with a 150 GB hard drive. When I left for work this morning, the hard disk had 110 GB of free space on it.

I returned home to find that it has 0 KB of free disk space!!

What just happened? Does Leopard have a serious bug in it? Is there a way I can fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I think it was a corrupted iDisk or bug in Leopard/iDisk sync service.

A folder named FileSync that had a file named "username_iDisk.sparsebundle" was listed as 110 GB. I deleted that file, rebooted, turned off iDisk syncing and I now have disk space.

Oddly enough when this happened, my buddy list showed up as usernames only (instead of the first and last names from associations with my address book entries). That fixed itself after freeing up the disk space and rebooting.

However, Safari forgot all my cookies, usernames/passwords, etc. for various websites. I'm now being asked for my login information for financial institutions and such.

Anyone have any idea what happened? I reported this to Apple through their feedback page. Perhaps this is a bug with Leopard?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southerndoc View Post

I think it was a corrupted iDisk or bug in Leopard/iDisk sync service.

A folder named FileSync that had a file named "username_iDisk.sparsebundle" was listed as 110 GB. I deleted that file, rebooted, turned off iDisk syncing and I now have disk space.

Oddly enough when this happened, my buddy list showed up as usernames only (instead of the first and last names from associations with my address book entries). That fixed itself after freeing up the disk space and rebooting.

However, Safari forgot all my cookies, usernames/passwords, etc. for various websites. I'm now being asked for my login information for financial institutions and such.

Anyone have any idea what happened? I reported this to Apple through their feedback page. Perhaps this is a bug with Leopard?

Yep - ran into this a few days back. Glad you reported it to Apple as that's the right thing to do IMO. Thanks...