Problems with new Intel Mac

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi first time mac user. This question will probably sound really stupid for all the xperienced people, however im just going to blurt it out.

I bought a new Macbook Intel laptop, which is having a little spazz out. I have installed Tiger (Bought before Leopard came out), however it is having problems installing applications, and especially activating the wireless ability in the laptop. I honestly have no idea what i am doing, so any help will be an absoloute godsend. Thankyou!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    you will have to post more infos

-what kind of internet connection? (cable/dsl/...)

-what kind of wireless access point (airport (extreme/express), other access point)?

-what kind of problems installing apps?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Sorry i didnt give more info before. Our internet connection is wireless to the house, but then through a wireless router. We are pretty sure that the actual wireless network is ok, as our windows laptop can connect fine ( its a WEP network, set up from a PC desktop).

As for the applications, it will start fine, ask for authentication and everything, and then start installing, but then will sort if race through it, ending up with this corrupt file being installed that I cant do anything with. Does it installing iLIfe, downloaded programs, the lot. Im not sure what i have done wrong, but the laptop is only a couple of months old, so i am really not sure what to do.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huebag View Post

Sorry i didnt give more info before. Our internet connection is wireless to the house, but then through a wireless router. We are pretty sure that the actual wireless network is ok, as our windows laptop can connect fine ( its a WEP network, set up from a PC desktop).

As for the applications, it will start fine, ask for authentication and everything, and then start installing, but then will sort if race through it, ending up with this corrupt file being installed that I cant do anything with. Does it installing iLIfe, downloaded programs, the lot. Im not sure what i have done wrong, but the laptop is only a couple of months old, so i am really not sure what to do.

have you tried re-installing tiger incase there was a glitch or something?