UK iPhone buyers, where will you be?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Where do you plan to get your iPhone and what time do you plan to get there? I'll be in Manchester and plan to get there Friday morning. Yes I've taken the day off work to get the iPhone! How sad!

Edit:

There's also Solihull, Touchwood Centr and Southampton, WestQuay, but I could only have 10 options.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Apparently a queue has already started at the Manchester Trafford Center Apple Store.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    At Meadowhall it will be in at least 5 different stores within the one mall.

This level of availability seems more than with the US Launch. I was in San Jose for the US launch - and there were far fewer outlets.

I wonder if Apple in the UK are going to allow customers to make calls on the Demo units. As they do in the states? This would be quite unprecedented in the UK. I bet Carphone will not allow it.

In the US, I saw someone trying out a phone call, and I wondered out loud if they allowed international calls.

"Sure", the guy said, "I'm calling Canada!"

C
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Trafford Center is getting quite a queue now. There are two 02 stores 2 Carphone Warehouse stores and the pic below is outside the Apple Store:

Just over one hour to go.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    I just got home from Regent street. The queues were frikkin' crazy! It went all the way down to St George Street two blocks away!

One guy walked past me talking on his phone: "Dude - I can't even see the end of the line!"

Once we got in the store it was packed with Apple staff cheering like crazy. One young chap was thrusting his fists in a very, er, ecstatic manner.

It was pretty quick though - only took about 30 minutes for me to go from the end of the queue into the store.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I got mine from the O2 store in Chorley, Lancashire.

I arrived at 6pm and was out the store by 6.15pm with my iPhone