Wanted: "Simple Sound" Type OS X App

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'd like to record my favorite college radio station's programs via OS X. Have done this with Simple Sound in OS 9. Anything out there yet for OS X?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    There are already three or four simple shareware audio recording apps out there, such as Sound Studio, SparkME, and Amadeus. Unfortunately, their sound recording support is still flakey, apparently due to OS X's new and apparently incomplete or undocumented sound subsystem.

I've been trying to use SoundStudio in OS X for some recording jobs, and got seriously burned last week when it absolutely ****ed up two files from a live concert that i can't replace.

BTW - i wrote to the author last week and still no response...

-robo
  • Reply 2 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by robo:

<strong>There are already three or four simple shareware audio recording apps out there, such as Sound Studio, SparkME, and Amadeus. Unfortunately, their sound recording support is still flakey, apparently due to OS X's new and apparently incomplete or undocumented sound subsystem.

I've been trying to use SoundStudio in OS X for some recording jobs, and got seriously burned last week when it absolutely ****ed up two files from a live concert that i can't replace.

BTW - i wrote to the author last week and still no response...

-robo</strong><hr></blockquote>

hey thanks robo. Just read that sound studio 2.0 is supposed to be released in January. Will check the other two out now.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Meanwhile? iMovie2 will record sound?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    SparkME is pretty cool.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by gordy:

<strong>SparkME is pretty cool.</strong><hr></blockquote>

doggone! looks like it's going to be one cool app when I start to install; then it has to go and spoil it by wanting a valid user name and serial number to continue...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    [quote]Originally posted by yablaka:

<strong>doggone! looks like it's going to be one cool app when I start to install; then it has to go and spoil it by wanting a valid user name and serial number to continue...</strong><hr></blockquote>

They should email it to you, it's free. My serial # was in my email as soon as the app finished downloading.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by gordy:

<strong>

They should email it to you, it's free. My serial # was in my email as soon as the app finished downloading.</strong><hr></blockquote>

and so they did. hadn't yet checked my excite mail. thanks gordy.