Upgrade to WD3200BEVT 320gb WD 2.5" Laptop Harddrive?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey, first post here... long time reader..

anyways... I just bought the new WD3200BEVT Western Digital 320GB 2.5" Hard drive with the intention of replacing my 120gb WD drive in my core duo macbook. Anyone have any experience with this drive yet? It just came out about a week or two ago, and I was able to find it on newegg for $209.

Here's the product info page.

I'm wondering if the macbooks have that same built in ability like the MBpros to stop a drive if it falls, it seems like this drive has something similar internally... i wonder if that could create issues...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    That drive is NOT available on NewEgg (or anywhere else) yet. If you really found it on NewEgg, please post the link to the page on NewEgg. Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pauljlucas View Post

That drive is NOT available on NewEgg (or anywhere else) yet. If you really found it on NewEgg, please post the link to the page on NewEgg. Thanks.

In fact, it was on newegg, but briefly, like yesterday or day before. It showed the drive, the specs, et al and stated "Out of Stock". There was a link to where you could enter your email address to be notified when they're in stock, which I did. But that page showing it out of stock has since been removed.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fantastic happy dinner man View Post

In fact, it was on newegg, but briefly, like yesterday or day before. It showed the drive, the specs, et al and stated "Out of Stock". There was a link to where you could enter your email address to be notified when they're in stock, which I did. But that page showing it out of stock has since been removed.

well i ordered it on thurdsay, and i must have gotten in before they ran out of stock. Ups tracking shows it to be delivered on tuesday...

I'll take some pics when i get it on tuesday... anyways point of the thread though... think i'll have any problems?