Using the net while making a call

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I seem to remember a discussion about using the net on an iphone while making or receiving calls. The consensus was that it depended on the EDGE tower whether you could do that. Some EDGE transmitters allow it, some don't.

So, does anyone know which type of transmitters O2 has in the UK? Can one use data and make a call at the same time?

Amorya

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Actually the discussion was about having your data session interrupted for a phone call (that would be a good thing). There is no way you could make a phone call and use data at the same time without having two radios, and the iPhone only has one.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

Actually the discussion was about having your data session interrupted for a phone call (that would be a good thing). There is no way you could make a phone call and use data at the same time without having two radios, and the iPhone only has one.

That's not true. Every phone I've ever used that's had a packet data connection has been able to use the net while making a call. That was touted as the big advantage of GPRS and packet data, when it was introduced in the UK.

BTW, I bought an iPhone. I'll post feedback soon as to if the little things I thought would annoy me actually do

Amorya