Stax Poll

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
OK, this has not been scientific so far but here's what I've done:

I spoke with 86 users at the Apple Store at Aspen Grove. These were Leper users.

I spoke with 117 users at the Apple Store in Cherry Creek. These were Leper users, too.

If they didn't have 10.5 installed on their machines, I didn't want their inputs.

I asked all 203 users if they thought Stacks jutting out of the Dock looked like a curvy penis and here are the results:

201 - yes

2 - not sure

I then asked these same 203 10.5 users if they liked the grid view of Stacks:

197 - No

3 - Yes

3- not sure

Does anyone out there like the curvy penis thing jutting out of their Dock? Please let us know.

Does anyone out there miss folder navigation in the Dock? Please let us know.

Thank you for your support.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I'm not into curvy penises, but I find stacks quite handy
  • Reply 2 of 6
    i'm not seeing it.

thankfully.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    This can't be real. You mean you're only counting the people who actually responded seriously right, because if someone came up to me and started asking me penis questions in a computer store I'd probably just walk away. Penis solicitation is not tolerated by me - nooooo, sir.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ijakijak Posts: 12member
    I don't think anyone suggested it was.

With stacks apple have sort of taken away a feature... the ability to browse through folders without actually opening the finder. A quick right click on any folder in the dock was all this took. However, I never used it that much (or its equivalent in windows). It's handiest for opening apps, although you have to keep your applications folder tidy (or suffer an unholy mess when you open the stack). I'm bunging random crap I never use in utilities, that seems to neaten things up.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

...if someone came up to me and started asking me penis questions in a computer store I'd probably just walk away. Penis solicitation is not tolerated by me - nooooo, sir.

But is this how the poll has been worded? If yes, then I see a BIG bias here.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

I asked all 203 users if they thought Stacks jutting out of the Dock looked like a curvy penis and here are the results:

What is this "curvy penis" thing? To me it looks more like a spring bent by its own weight or some wind current. Besides the "curvy" qualifier is not needed.