Too Little, Too Late!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So, It seems Warner Music is finally having a coming to Jesus moment.

http://macsurfer.com/redir.php?u=287412

When I first read this, I had to ask myself what made them finally come to this realization. I do not read any sincerity in this whatsoever. I do not believe that they have had a change of heart. I believe that they are as contemptuous of their customers today as they have ever been. I believe this mea culpa is nothing more than a manipulative tactic to save what is left of their miserable hide. They have not had a change of heart because they have repeatedly proven that they have no heart.

I also do not want them back in the fold. They all had a second chance. Apple will find a way to give consumers great value. If all of the labels pull out, or are thrown of iTunes, there are still other business models for Apple to pursue. Apple can become the biggest music label overnight if they wanted to. Apple can add recording features to Apple TV and reverse sync it with the mac or directly to the iPt/iPhone.

The entertainment industry still seems to believe they have a light at the end of the tunnel. I say, let them go on believing that their light of hope is anything other than a locomotive barreling down on them driven by Steve Jobs. I really dislike SJ but I dislike the RIAA even more.

RIAA, the bell tolls for thee!