WTF with the battery

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all,

So the battery on my not very old BMP sucks. At full charge it will last 30-40 mins on the battery. The full charge mAh was around the 1500s. I reset the PMU several times and charged and discharged. No change.

So my wife is going to the mall so I send her with my MBP to the Apple store. The "genius" there says he can't find anything wrong and doesn't know where my mAh #s came from. When she gets home I check it out. So now the full charge mAh is pegged at 655337 (2^16+1) and time remaining is 33 minutes. The former is obviously wrong.

Any guesses other than a fscked up battery?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I went back to the apple store and they replaced it. They guy tried to give me the whole "your computer is out of warranty" I didn't get the chance to remind him the battery is not out of the apple extended two year warranty.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    the battery isn't covered by the apple care protection plan (read the fine print).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peve View Post

the battery isn't covered by the apple care protection plan (read the fine print).

I didn't say it was. Apple extended the warranty on the battery for people that didn't have their issue resolved by the battery update. This page is hard to find.