How can I make windows based games work in mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm going to buy macbook next week; I hear that windows based games do not work in mac, is that true? and if is true than what should i do to instal and play these games? last i do not want to instal windows in my mac book; plz no one suggest that i should instal windows

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WolF_00 View Post

plz no one suggest that i should instal windows

Sorry but you have to in order to get a good gaming experience. Don't worry though, if you keep your Windows side for gaming only and you start with a good clean install, Windows shouldn't give you any trouble at all. It's only when using Windows as a general computer that it tends to get bogged down with spyware and what not.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Sorry but you have to in order to get a good gaming experience. Don't worry though, if you keep your Windows side for gaming only and you start with a good clean install, Windows shouldn't give you any trouble at all. It's only when using Windows as a general computer that it tends to get bogged down with spyware and what not.

So, are you talking about installing Parallels or Boot Camp?

Which is better for games?

Good point about keeping the Windows side off the Internet. Hopefully that will prevent Windows virus infection. Is there any way for a Windows virus to enter Safari running on OSX and get to the installed Boot Camp or Parallels ?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lugesm View Post

So, are you talking about installing Parallels or Boot Camp?

Which is better for games?

Good point about keeping the Windows side off the Internet. Hopefully that will prevent Windows virus infection. Is there any way for a Windows virus to enter Safari running on OSX and get to the installed Boot Camp or Parallels ?

I would first advise AGAINST purchasing a macbook for any gaming. Try a macbook pro. Even then...macs are not good for gaming. Are the games you plan to play older? If so you may be fine if you compare the hardware requirements of the game to the mac you are buying. I can't stress this enough. Then use Bootcamp to run Windows XP or Vista. If they are newer games you are more than likely not going to enjoy gaming on a mac unless you play a game coded specifically for a mac platform.

FYI if you play WOW it plays much better under Bootcamp than in native mac os no matter what mac you have. Huge difference in framerates. I would recommend you Bootcamp WOW.