Question for Powerpoint 04 user with Leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Any of you folks using MS Office '04 with Leopard? I seem to be unable to view my design templates. When I go to Format-Slide Design I can see icons for all of the templates, but the actual template is not viewable. I know they were under Tiger, and I thought I remembered them being viewable when I did my Leopard install (clean install). Can anyone check on this with their setup, and if anyone has any ideas why this is happening, it sure would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Try pulling up the Formatting Palette. I can still see them there.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by obcsed View Post

Try pulling up the Formatting Palette. I can still see them there.

I see only the ones that came with the program, not the ones I've added. They should, however, all be visible from the Format-Design menu. And from what I remember, they used to be.

Thanks for your help, though!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pcbogert View Post

I see only the ones that came with the program, not the ones I've added. They should, however, all be visible from the Format-Design menu. And from what I remember, they used to be.

Thanks for your help, though!

A work around, though not an entirely satisfactory one, is to have PP open the Project Gallery at startup. This allows me to see all the templates. But it does not allow me to scroll through a variety of options- especially third party ones - while editing a presentation. I'm curious enough about this to go back to Tiger and see if the problem persists.

Of course, I'd be using Keynote in a heartbeat if I could easily insert a smaller presentation into a master presentation. But there is no way to import a file into Keynote from what I have seen.