24 frames per second plugin for iMovie?

zozo
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
is there any way to preview a 24fps effect in iMovie?



I don't want to have to save as a quicktime @ 24fps to see how it looks...

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZO View Post


    is there any way to preview a 24fps effect in iMovie?



    I don't want to have to save as a quicktime @ 24fps to see how it looks...



    Unless you're a videophile, the visual difference between 25 and 24 fps is next to impossible to make out. The only difference is that high-motion scenes won't look quite as detailed, but like I said, the difference is negligible. Unless you're trying to but down every last bit of file size, 30fps is still the way to go, IMO.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John French View Post


    Unless you're a videophile, the visual difference between 25 and 24 fps is next to impossible to make out. The only difference is that high-motion scenes won't look quite as detailed, but like I said, the difference is negligible. Unless you're trying to but down every last bit of file size, 30fps is still the way to go, IMO.



    you're indeed right, the difference between 25 and 24 is minimal, but I work with 30fps (PAL) and 24/25 gives a bit nicer 'movie' feel...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    then use 25!



    (I use 30 for the machinima movies I make, but I agree- 24fps is certainly more movie-like.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John French View Post


    then use 25!



    (I use 30 for the machinima movies I make, but I agree- 24fps is certainly more movie-like.



    The actual question was if there was a plugin that would allow me to preview 24/25fps on a clip, etc... rather than save the whole movie as 24fps and then decide that, well, its not what I wanted....
Sign In or Register to comment.