Hotmail Users Not Receiving Emails from Mac.com Users

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Have any of you experienced this?

Two of my friends NEVER receive emails if I send them from my mac.com email address despite my email address being in their safe list. If I send one to my own Hotmail account, I never receive it either. If I send the very same email through my work email server, my friends and I can receive the emails.

None of the Mac.com emails appear in the inbox, junk folder, or anywhere to be found.

I remember reading before that Hotmail was filtering Mac.com emails, and there was a workaround where one set the priority level to High and it would allow the email to show up in the user's inbox. This seems to no longer work.

Is this a childish Microsoft v. Apple game? Has anyone else experienced this when sending emails to Hotmail.com from your Mac.com email address?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southerndoc View Post

Have any of you experienced this?

Two of my friends NEVER receive emails if I send them from my mac.com email address despite my email address being in their safe list. If I send one to my own Hotmail account, I never receive it either. If I send the very same email through my work email server, my friends and I can receive the emails.

None of the Mac.com emails appear in the inbox, junk folder, or anywhere to be found.

I remember reading before that Hotmail was filtering Mac.com emails, and there was a workaround where one set the priority level to High and it would allow the email to show up in the user's inbox. This seems to no longer work.

Is this a childish Microsoft v. Apple game? Has anyone else experienced this when sending emails to Hotmail.com from your Mac.com email address?

Yes, I have. Although I don't currently, I used to use Mac.com. Even liking Apple as I do, I couldn't continue to use Mac.com for my email. I made the switch due to messages not getting through to certain places. Now that I use Hotmail and Gmail for my email services, I can send anywhere and receive anything.

I thought...

Unfortunately, it is now 2008, and I am still not receiving email from anyone at Mac.com. What's funny is that there are no returned "delayed" or "send failure" messages on the sender's end. Its as if they just disappear.

No solutions found at this point...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    My guess is that they blacklisted the .mac domain as a spam source. I had this issue with another domain they blacklisted (which was as equally evil as .mac) - everything I sent to hotmail went into a big hole never to be seen again. I gave up and used a google address to send emails to hotmail users.