Mouse Jumps To Corners....annoying

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I am running iMac 2.4 with Leopard and the wired iMouse.

Sometimes the mouse pointer will disappear from its last spot on the screen and then when I wiggle the mouse around I find it lurking in the top left or bottom right corners barely visible. It seems more noticeable while using Safari 3, but I don't think that is the only time it occurs.

I don't think I have any special hot spots enabled on the OS so I have no idea why this happens.

Suggestions or ideas please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I'm assuming that you're using the Mighty Mouse. If yours is anything like mine, the pointer will just randomly jump around at times. I've had to just deal with it.

The problem itself is independent of software or operating system; I've experienced it in both OS 10.3 and 10.5.

Unless anyone else has found a solution, I think it's just a little problem to deal with. Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Yes, it is the Mighty Mouse (wired) that I use.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bassesq View Post

Yes, it is the Mighty Mouse (wired) that I use.

I've been having the same issue both with 10.4.x and 10.5 and I've been using a logictec mouse the whole time.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Does the same for me using a MacAlly mouse (wired)

• Reply 5 of 9
    i haven't used a mouse with a Mac in 4 years, but with my two month old iMac the mightymouse does this occasionally. kinda strange...

i blame user error
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I had the same problem with a Mighty Mouse on an Alu 20" iMac.

I solved the problem by getting a mouse pad with a non-reflective surface (it's some kind of textile).

Since then I haven't encountered anymore jumps to my hot corners.

Hope that helps.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Yup, in general optical mice don't play nice with certain surfaces, especially shiny/textured/bumpy ones. I've had the same thing with a dell mouse at work untill i put a mouse-pad on the desk.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I actually have this with any optical mouse if I use a mouse pad that is shiny and with a lot of different colors and designs. Switched mouse pads, everything worked fine.

Dave
  • Reply 9 of 9
    My pointer jumps around to, and i have a mighty mouse and am running leopard.