Best way to back up Leopard to Mirror

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have been using SuperDuper for a long time to Backup (Mirror) my MBP's hard drive to a external Lacie Firewire Drive. I just upgraded to Leopard and see version 2.14 is not fully Leopard compatible and they are working on version 2.15 to fix that.

I know there is also a program called Carbon Copy Cloner but I really prefer SuperDuper. Should I use Carbon Copy Cloner temporarily? Has anyone used SuperDuper or know what the actual issues are and if it's at all safe to use SuperDuper with Leopard?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I have been using SuperDuper for a long time to Backup (Mirror) my MBP's hard drive to a external Lacie Firewire Drive. I just upgraded to Leopard and see version 2.14 is not fully Leopard compatible and they are working on version 2.15 to fix that.

I know there is also a program called Carbon Copy Cloner but I really prefer SuperDuper. Should I use Carbon Copy Cloner temporarily? Has anyone used SuperDuper or know what the actual issues are and if it's at all safe to use SuperDuper with Leopard?

Superduper doesn't work properly with Leopard (it doesn't like some system files) - I know someone who tried it. Carbon Copy Cloner does however so I'd suggest to use that. It doesn't have to be temporarily either if CCC does the job you need.