best dialup for mac and setup

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i'm giving my ibook g4 to my mother in law (hey she treats me very nice, great baker) and she would like a simple internet service. not ready to pay the $$$$ for broadband.

what's the best dialup for mac. I don't think i need to spend more than $10 per month with mac i don't think accelerator software works. so how about helping me give my mother a nice mac and internet. (she makes killer coconut cream pies yum yum)

is there a special set up for using dialup???

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

i'm giving my ibook g4 to my mother in law (hey she treats me very nice, great baker) and she would like a simple internet service. not ready to pay the $$$$ for broadband.

what's the best dialup for mac. I don't think i need to spend more than $10 per month with mac i don't think accelerator software works. so how about helping me give my mother a nice mac and internet. (she makes killer coconut cream pies yum yum)

thanks

Just hook up to someone elses wireless (lol just joking)

You might try searching Google for some services.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

thanks

I've seen DSL as cheap as $15. I think 56k is $10 and I highly think the $5 is worth it for the experience.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    AI quoting isn't working

they live in a rual area i'll check about dsl but they live about 6 miles from town.

what about the national isp e.g. earthlink???

i will look into a local isp as well.

i want to be able to use firefox and a very simple interface for them to dial in to the isp

netscape is cheap if you pay a year in advance something like $7