What does 'Sticky" mean?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I don't get the connection.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    In a forum, it means the thread is stuck to the top no matter what other posts are made. Normally a new post will move the thread to the top and older threads get shifted down. Stickies stay where they are. So in other words, if there is one sticky in a forum section, it will be at the top and no matter how much time goes by, it will stay there until it's unstuck.

Usually they are used for forum announcements so that everyone gets a chance to see them. Often they are used for forum rules.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

In a forum, it means the thread is stuck to the top no matter what other posts are made. Normally a new post will move the thread to the top and older threads get shifted down. Stickies stay where they are. So in other words, if there is one sticky in a forum section, it will be at the top and no matter how much time goes by, it will stay there until it's unstuck.

Usually they are used for forum announcements so that everyone gets a chance to see them. Often they are used for forum rules.

Thanks. BTW, I've managed to figure out most initials used on these posts, but BTO has stumped me. ???????
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Thanks. BTW, I've managed to figure out most initials used on these posts, but BTO has stumped me. ???????

It means build to order. So when you buy a computer and choose parts from a list like on Apple's store, the extra options are build to order.