OSX default startup on new iMacs a major problem.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    I got it for free because I got it for free from someone why got it for free for $20.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Maybe he/she should have tried harder. I went down to the local Apple franchise store ( not an Apple store but an Apple only store here in the North West ) The Computer Store and they made me sign a paper saying I had received my copy and they gave it to me.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by jimmac:

<strong>Maybe he/she should have tried harder. I went down to the local Apple franchise store ( not an Apple store but an Apple only store here in the North West ) The Computer Store and they made me sign a paper saying I had received my copy and they gave it to me. </strong><hr></blockquote>

The guy at the Apple Store in Schaumburg just tossed a copy into my hands. Now that they know the update CDs can be hacked into full install CDs, they're probably not doing that anymore.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    norfanorfa Posts: 171member
    IN my opinion, if they try to make money selling OSX they are going to have a problem. I'm using it, but I don't like it enough to pay for it. Hell I paid $20 for 9 and that was the only one I ever paid for. CD burners are a wonderful thing.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: norfa ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 31
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by norfa:

<strong>IN my opinion, if they try to make money selling OSX they are going to have a problem. I'm using it, but I don't like it enough to pay for it. Hell I paid $20 for 9 and that was the only one I ever paid for. CD burners are a wonderful thing.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: norfa ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

it's one thing to participate in privacy. it's another thing to promote it

IMO $129 for a rewritten operating system is a small price to pay for its benefits. and the upgrade is/was free. I walked into CompUSA asked the guy he cam back with one 10.1 update CD, I asked if I could have a second for my friend and he snuck me out with 2
  • Reply 26 of 31
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    [quote] it's one thing to participate in privacy. it's another thing to promote it <hr></blockquote>I participate in privacy too. However, I don't endorse piracy.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Geez, I've never had a problem with NT and OS X...

I want to take my computer lab up to 160MB of RAM and put OS X on all of them...I'm really sick of OS 9.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

IMO $129 for a rewritten operating system is a small price to pay for its benefits </strong><hr></blockquote>

I totally agree. It's not just like it was any update. It's a whole new OS.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    OS X has made me a lot more productive, it almost seems like it was made for me. It allows me to use Mac apps, graphics apps, webdesign apps, as well as CLI apps, in fact that it has a CLI at all is a blessing, not to mention that it is integrated with Apache, PHP, good networking, etc. Plus the interface is more intuitive and just looks really great. It's reinspired me to be interested in my Mac, just when I was starting to get bored with things. Apple is also doing a great job of handing us a lot of free updates, and listening to feedback--it's cool that we can even give Apple feedback so easily and readily. Overall, I think this completely new and forward-thinking system is well worth $129.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    ScottH, I am sorry to see your replies have so little thought to them. You are very sharp, but these replies in this thread at least do not show that one bit. To say:

If I see the guy, I will ask him, but I won't because I don't care. -or- Maybe it was fixed, but its apples problem, but I don't care.

is just a plain lazy way to answer. Sounds like a badly scratched skipping record. How about jsut saying, our company standard is OS 9 and we do not currently have a test in the works for OS X so therefore it is not productive for me to spend my time trying to get it to work. Says the smae thing, but sounds a heck of a lot smarter and reasonable. Not that I care what os your comapny actually uses.

Oh and I am sure you don't care what I think either.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>If I see the comptuer guy I'll tell him to check it out. I wont though because I don't care.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jesus, that's one of the funniest posts I've seen today.

I will but I won't.

Niiiiice.

BTW, I paid full price for OSX, and I think it was worth the money.

&lt;bullshit&gt;In fact, I have paid full price for every piece of software I have.&lt;/bullshit&gt;