Leopard and quirky internet connections

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
After installing Leopard in my new mac book pro (July of 07), the internet connections are quirky. If I shut down the computer, the internet connections are perfect whether I am on battery or plugged in. If in sleep mode and upon waking it up, it will show a strong signal to my airport but no internet connection. I go to network diagnostics and keep clicking continue until all the connections are lit and then it tells me it is working and indeed it is. The other alternative is to do a restart. I have Parallels which also had problems after the Leopard install but after much monkeying around, it's internet connection is now working again. Does the fix for Parallels cause the problem with Mac internet connection after sleeping? Any fixes? I saw a note about instructions for terminal but do not know what that means. At 57, my knowledge is not like the young folks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kadamsfleig View Post

After installing Leopard in my new mac book pro (July of 07), the internet connections are quirky. If I shut down the computer, the internet connections are perfect whether I am on battery or plugged in. If in sleep mode and upon waking it up, it will show a strong signal to my airport but no internet connection. I go to network diagnostics and keep clicking continue until all the connections are lit and then it tells me it is working and indeed it is. The other alternative is to do a restart. I have Parallels which also had problems after the Leopard install but after much monkeying around, it's internet connection is now working again. Does the fix for Parallels cause the problem with Mac internet connection after sleeping? Any fixes? I saw a note about instructions for terminal but do not know what that means. At 57, my knowledge is not like the young folks.

Can you point me to the terminal instructions. I'm having the same problem at my job, connecting to a non-Apple wireless router. At home, with an Apple Airport Base, I have no problems.