Mac World 2009

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Yes, I said 2009 - as in, one full year and one month from now.

I believe 2008 will be a warmup year for 2009, which will see innovation greater than 2007 brought us. Why do I believe this? The 700 mhz spectrum opens up in February 2009. These airwaves will allow music/video/streaming content to be utilized even more so than now.

I believe AAPL will 100% utilize this with a new product in 2009 that revolutionizes technology even more so than it has in the past 6 years. What that product is, I don't know. That's Mr. Jobs' vision.

I also believe that 2008 will be the year of hi-def and wi-fi. Steve Jobs said that 2006 was the year of hi-def, but that still has not happened. It has been slowly becoming the standard, but 2008-2009 will be the catalyst it needs. Wi-fi will also see huge gains in the next few years. Every electronic device will be wi-fi enabled by the end of 2009. Imagine being in Paris, taking hundreds of pictures each day. With a click of a button, these images will be uploaded to your favorite homepage with no wires, and no computers - just wifi. Did you take a picture of your holiday party in California? Click a button and your digital photo frame at home will be updated to reflect your latest pictures.

Why do you think AAPL decided to not utilize 3G and go with wifi? It's the next big thing. Steve doesn't know what the market trends are going to be - he SETS them. He's the forerunner of technology, and will continue to be throughout this decade. I'm excited to see how Google and Apple direct the electronics front in the coming years. Why? Because technology is cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    That sounds great. But without improvements in battery life and energy efficiency 2009 will be the year where your info is all wireless but you lug around a power cord.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Actually processors and displays and things of that nature HAVE become more energy efficient over time... battery life is lagging behind, that's true, but as the technology gets better, I think we'll see some improvements.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    Being in Europe, Switzerland to be exact, I can only tell you that there is no need to get excited about the arrival of 3G.

We've had it for years now, almost nationwide, but there wasn't much rumble about it. The anticipated technology-revolution failed to happen. Of course, also partly due to a lack of useful applications or devices that could harness the power.

And with the iPhone being so expensive, that's not going to change much.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Battery life will evolve in the next 12 months for 2009 to be the year of the portable anything. Look how far the iPod batteries have come since 2001 - shoot, even in the past couple years they've improved immensely!

I'm wondering what stocks will benefit from all of the electronic advancements in the next few years...