Newton 2100 and OS X?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there any way I can sync contacts/some email/calendar from OS X to my Newton 2100, natively? I'd rather not have to use OS 9 apps.

I have a Palm Vx also, but I keep hearing so many issues with the Beta software that its scary. Looks like there is no 100% way you can sync to ANY PDA on OS X right now. Sucks...please tell me some brave soul has hacked the Newton to work on OS X?

-Moazam

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Newton doesn't have to be hacked at all... MacOS X does.

More specifically, an app needs to be run just like NCU or Palm Desktop to sync with. What this app is... well... that depends on what you need.

Try <a href="http://www.unna.org"; target="_blank">www.unna.org</a> as a starting point for searching for solutions. Sorry I can't help more.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Might try this resource, looks like they have pretty comprehensive Newton information. Appears you could use Sloup on the Newton and a terminal editor on the Mac, maybe there's a more elegant solution for X, but I haven't seen one.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Newtourage!

That's the name of the app to sync Newton with Entourage... sheesh.

I believe it's a Classic app, but it uses AppleScript to communicate with Entourage, so it can talk to the X version.