TurboCAD anyone?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone have any experience with TurboCAD on their Mac? I downloaded a trial version of version 3 and it seems a little difficult to use. Maybe it's because it's been ten years since using any kind of a cad program, or maybe the trial version is missing some features, but I'm wondering if there would be a different program that would work better for me.

A little background. I'm using a laser templating system that measures countertops and sends that info to an HP PDA. I'll be running XP on my MBP using Fusion for that. I'll need to do some minor tweaking of jobs in a CAD program that will work with DXF files. I'd like to use a CAD program that works on the Mac side of my laptop, but could also run one on XP. I've heard that in the last version on TurboCAD there were problems with working on files produced on a windows machine. I want to make this as simple as possible and will use only a small percentage of the capability of the CAD program, so I don't necessarily need anything fancy. However, I will be using it a lot, so I want to make it simple and reliable.

Anyone have experience with CAD?

BTW I heard that getting tutorials, books, or help of any kind on TurboCAD is a little hard. Whereas other CAD programs are easier to learn.