any way to get global view options to stick???

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i really like OSX, but one things drives me absolutely nuts...i set a window to correspond with the global size i've selected arranged by name. if i reboot, log-out, or experience any weird app problems, all the icons in all the windows default to their original size and i have to reset each window again. anyone know a way to keep these preferences from resetting?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    There is an invisible file called .DS_Store in each folder. Delete that, set your prefs again, and everything should work fine.

In the Terminal:

[code]rm /path/to/folder/.DS_Store</pre><hr></blockquote>

Why does this happen? There are several possible reasons. Usually it's because an installer over-wrote your settings with its own and because most installers are authenticated as root, their .DS_Store takes precidence over yours.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Does this apply to normal view settings?

I have set my root view settings so many times, and everytime I log in, it reset to shit.

I hate this... Im sick and tired of not having my view prefs stick... and dammit, I want labels again.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>and dammit, I want labels again.</strong><hr></blockquote>I feel your pain, man. Seriously. I do.

Does this apply to normal view settings? I assume you mean settings for "This window only", correct? In that case, yes, it should.