QT VR Authoring Studio coming to OS X?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
What ever happened to QT VR Authoring Studio? I have not heard a word about it for a long time. I hope it is coming to OS X! It is an excellent app. And hopefully they will add some other new features while they are carbonizing it for OS X (or better yet, rewriting in Cocoa). It is still at version 1 correct?

DVD Studio Pro for OS X has been demoed for OS X and will be shipping relatively soon. That is the only other one of Apple's own apps that I can think of that will not yet run natively on OS X. Are there any others?

Maybe with QuickTime Live coming up soon we will hear more about it then. And also QuickTime 6. Anyone know about its new features yet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Sigh. QuickTime VR Authoring Studio (QTVRAS) has only been updated once, to version 1.0.1, in its entire lifetime. This was back in 1997. Everyone now and then, someone asks the infamous question of "will it be updated," but there's never been an affirmative answer. I suggest looking elsewhere for an OS X native VR stitcher. I still use QTVRAS in my completely automated VR workflow (using AppleScript), and I'm certainly going to miss this in OS X.

Realviz Stitcher is available for Mac OS X. That's what I'm looking at to replace QTVRAS, at the moment.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I suggest you have a look at VR Worx (http://www.vrtoolbox.com/vrthome.html). It's out for OS X, and it worx like a charm.

In my humble opinion it's much better than QT VR AS.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Hey, check this out. Apple read my mind!! QT VR AS is coming to OS X!! (or so it looks anyway) This is great - and it is even getting bumped to version 2 and getting other features in the process. This makes my day. Now, once this is shipping and once the new DVD Studio Pro is shipping all of Apple's own apps will be able to run natively on OS X.

I guess Apple is putting on a seminar on creating QT VR content. I guess it does not exactly say there is an OS X native version, but it sure does imply it. And surely Apple would not bump it to version 2 without making it also run natively on X. Tell me your opinion.

Here is the link from MacNN.

<a href="http://asp-web.info.apple.com/em/search/detail.lasso?-token.id=EV016619"; target="_blank">Apple Solutions Programs</a>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Now that looks cool